By using the Site, you consent to the collection and use of the information as described here. If we decide to make changes to this Privacy Statement, we will post the changes on this site so that you will always know what information we collect and how we use it.
From time to time, as may be required by applicable law, we may also seek your explicit consent to process certain data and information collected on this website or volunteered by you.
Information Collection and Use
Information You Provide to Us
While you use the Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify. This may include:
- Job position
- Email address
- Phone number
- Information you provide when you make a request or otherwise contact us
We collect personally identifiable information from you in the following instances:
- If you register to access success stories, datasheets, or a product demo
- If you fill out our contact form
- If you submit an employment application
- If you e-mail us directly via an e-mail hyperlink to provide us feedback or to ask us a question regarding the Site or our business
We also collect information on how the Site is accessed and used. This data may include information such as your computer’s IP address, browser type, browser version, the pages of the Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, device type, and other diagnostic data.
Use of Information
We process personal data you provide to fulfill your requests, or the processing is otherwise in Baum’s legitimate interests in accordance with applicable law. In particular, we and service providers working on our behalf may use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including:
- Providing you with information that you request
- Processing any transactions or providing any services you have authorized, such as a purchase or service request, and maintaining and supporting our products to the extent necessary for the provision of the services
- Notifying you of product releases or warranty information
- Notifying you of products or services that may interest you, such as to keep you informed about upcoming events or other items of interest
We may use your personal information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving promotional or marketing e-mails from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
These opt-out procedures may not be available for transactional or relationship messages, such as e-mails that are necessary to provide you with confirmation of a completed transaction (such as a purchase, service request, or change in your user profile), to provide you with warranty information regarding a particular product you purchased, provide notification of changes of terms of service, or to provide you with important information about the use of a product that you have purchased or software that you have downloaded.
Cookies & Analytics Information
- IP address
- Browser type and version
- Operating system
- Device type
- Pages you view on the Site and time spent on those pages
- Information downloaded on the Site
- Clickstream data
- Search terms you enter
This information helps us improve and customize our Site.
You can prevent Google’s collection and use of data (cookies and IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page at https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your personal information will generally not be shared, sold, traded, or rented to individuals or other entities.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals (“service providers”) to perform Site-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Site is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may disclose your personal information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on Baum; or (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Baum or users of the Site.
We may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Baum Inc.
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Baum may process your personal data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
We will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of the Site, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Security of Data
While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us, and so we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal information when you are on the Internet. Products and services are available which can help give you privacy protection while navigating the Internet. While we do not anticipate breaches in security, if one occurs, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct the problem that led to the breach.
Your Choices and Rights
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access. You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we are processing about you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right of deletion. You have the right to request that we delete personal data that we process about you, except we are not obliged to do so if we need to retain such data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data. We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for processing which override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise, or defense of a legal claim.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information unless we are not able to delete the data due to a legal or other obligation.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable, and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your personal information.
You can make a request to exercise any of these rights in relation to your personal data by sending the request by mail to the mailing address below, by email to email@example.com, or via our contact form. For your own privacy and security, and at our discretion, we may require you to prove your identity before providing the requested information.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
Our Site does not address anyone under the age of 18.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Baum’s USA Headquarters is located at:
300 Baker Avenue
Concord, MA 01742
Effective Date: November 26, 2018